DIRECTORS' CODE OF CONDUCT
- To have a clear understanding of the aims and objectives, capabilities and capacity of the company.
- To devote time and effort to attend meetings and to know what is required of the Board and each of its directors and to discharge those functions.
- To ensure at all times that the company is properly managed and effectively controlled.
- To stay abreast of the affairs of the company and be kept informed of the company’s compliance with relevant legislations and contractual requirements.
- To be kept informed on all matters of importance to the company in order to be effective in corporate management.
- To limit his directorship of companies to a number in which he can best devote his time and effectiveness.
- To have access to the advice and services of the company secretary to ensure adherence to statutes and
regulations governing the company.
- To immediately disclose all contractual interests whether directly or indirectly with the company.
- To at all times act with utmost good faith towards the company in all transactions and to act honestly and responsibly in the exercise of his powers in discharging his duties.
- To exercise independent judgement in his duties.
- To be conscious of the interest of shareholders, employees, creditors and customers of the company.
- To promote professionalism and raise the competency level of the management and its employees.
- To ensure adequate safety level and protection of all its employees.
- To ensure the effective use of natural resource and to improve the quality of life by promoting corporate social responsibility.
- To be proactive in the needs of the community and to assist in society related programmes.